If you own a pocket knife and you bring it along while fishing, hunting, camping, and hiking then you have noticed that its surface has gotten dull and it needs to be sharpened.
Depends on the quality of the blade and its ergonomics you have to sharpen the blade more often.
You are required to use a knife sharpener to transform the blade to its original shape.
A dull knife could be dangerous and you may cut yourself while using it as it can slip from your hands easily.
What’s the use of pocket knife if it is not sharp and you are trying hard to even cut a rope with it? Pocket Knife Sharpener is easy to carry along in your pockets for your outdoor trips.
There are a variety of pocket knife sharpeners available in the market and it is confusing which one to choose. Here we have compiled a list of knife sharpeners that have proven efficient in performing their sharpening tasks
Lansky PS-MED01 BladeMedic
With a sturdy metal body, Lansky PS-MED01 BladeMedic is an excellent pocket knife sharpener which is a little heavier in weight. It resembles Smith’s pocket pal knife sharpener but is more responsive than that. It is a sharpening kit you can carry along for your outdoor adventuring tours.
All you have to do is to apply three or four strokes and you will notice that your blade is getting into shape.
Also features a ceramic sharpening rod for serrated blades. Lansky PS-MED01 Blade Medic is a portable kit that makes gives your knife a perfect shape quickly with fewer strokes.
- A longer tapered diamond rod which can be pulled and rotated to 180 degrees for sharpening hard to reach the desired serrations of your blade.
- The system is whole metal and there is no plastic in it that adds a little weight to it.
- The textured surface allows a firm grip and it won’t slip in your hands.
- Useful for giving a cheap blade a decent fine edge.
- Lansky PS-MED01 BladeMedic blade is little heavy in weight that makes is inconvenient for some people.
- Need to have the skill to sharpen your blade otherwise, you may break its edge.
Victorinox Pocket Knife Sharpener
Manufactured in Germany Victorinox Pocket Knife Sharpener comes with a convenient easy to carry pocket clip that can easily clip onto your belt and in your pant pockets.
Easy to clean and also Victorinox offers a lifetime warranty for this product. Features a drainage hole at the edge of the sharpener to properly rinse water after washing the sharpening kit.
- Constructed with sturdy ceramic that increases the lifespan of the whole system.
- Can easily sharp the whole stack of knives in one go.
- Easy to carry and will give your knife a very sharp edge.
- Ceramic V-shaped stones are nicely embedded. One can easily sharp small pocket knives.
- One drawback of this thing is the plastic clip which may break at any time.
Wusthof 2899 2 Stage Pocket Knife Sharpener
Wusthof Black 2-Stage Pocket Knife Sharpener is a pocket size knife sharpener that can be a keychain for your keys. A carbide V-shaped rod is efficient for reshaping your dull blade, giving it a shiny smooth edge. Apply 3 to 4 strokes on this cool knife sharpener gadget and your blade will be smoothly sharpened.
A sturdy rubber is added at the top and bottom of the sharpener for a proper flow and steadiness.
Fine texturing is applied for a solid grip, allowing a non-hand slippage approach and a smooth sharpening. Can easily adjust in your backpack pockets and is convenient to bring along for your next camping trips.
- Can sharpen your kitchen knives, scissors, hunting and finishing knives easily.
- It is an inexpensive piece of equipment and does the job well what it is intended for.
- Nicely designed to prevent injuries and allows a firm grip through solid texturing.
- Wusthof 2899 2 Stage Pocket Knife Sharpener is of compact size and nice for a quick sharpening.
- May not perform well for serrated blades.
Smith’s Pocket Pal
Being one of the leading knife sharp producers Smith’s Pocket Pal is the most popular pocket knife sharpener featuring a tapered diamond coated rod for giving sharp and smooth edges to dull and serrated blades.
For convenience one can easily replace both ceramic and carbide stones for maximum durability.
It is 3-1/2 inches long kit that makes it portable and easy to carry and a weight of only 1 ounce that is handy and one can bring it along in pant pocket for hiking, fishing, and hunting.
From a well-reputed company, Smith’s Pocket Pal performs like a charm it is compact in size and can sharp multiple dull blades all at once.
- Very effective sharpener can change the dull blade into a solid sharp slicer.
- Follow the instructions to get your knife sharpened properly.
- Can put a nice sharp edge on the smallest blade.
- Features a layered hole that allows easy gripping.
- It is lightweight and can easily be adjusted in your pockets.
- One needs to be careful while sharpening your blade or you may end up with cutting yourself bad.
Landsky Quad sharp is a decent four angles sharpening system that is versatile and allows multiple sharpening options. It is an ideal pocket knife sharpener that comes with four V-shaped carbide slots with four carbide angels 17º, 20º, 25º, and 30º that will suit the knife of any size.
Ceramic bench stone for perfect finishing and polishing your blade’s edges for a perfect flow. It is compact in size and is portable.
Solid Carbide slots allow a quick sharpening with three to four strokes and your blade will attain its original shape.
Standalone sharpening system with rugged metal construction that is compatible with all Lansky accessories.
- Featuring multiple angels for a variety of knives.
- Sharp the knife with quick 3 to 4 strokes and doesn’t require any sharpening skills.
- Will sharpen the really dull blades no matter which steel your blade is composed up of.
- Offering you a choice of different angles. You can pick easily which one suits you best.
- Solid metal adds a little weight to this kit.
- Aggressive sharpening may rip the steel of your blade.
With an excellent hand grip, AccuSharp 001C is a versatile knife sharpener that is convenient for sharpening axes, machetes, pocket and kitchen knives. The system comes with a finger guard that will protect your fingers from slipping and a nice grip will allow easy functioning.
It is nicely designed and feels comfortable in hands. Good to have along for your hunting, fishing and climbing tours. Can easily fit in both of your hands and finger guard let you have a secure sharpening experience without any mishaps. It’s a reliable tool and is having a construction with high-quality materials.
Rods are diamond coated that are highly responsiveness to extreme abuse. The blades have Diamond-honed tungsten construction with its eye-catching design it could be a perfect choice for professionals and personal knife users.
- Its sharp blades allow a quick sharpening in around 10 seconds.
- Comes with an instruction manual
- Increase the lifespan of your dull blade with a quick sharpening mechanism.
- It is inexpensive and is affordable.
- Featuring only one angle for sharpening your blade which may end up in unsatisfactory results.
- Will work well for thinner blades but not so efficient for thicker blades.